Sunday, January 12, 2014

Slow Stitching Football Playoffs

Does anyone else out there worry about running out of handwork when you have plans to park your behind in front of the TV? I am always fearing that I will run out of handwork which seems impossible. I traced and started embroidering another Christmas BOM I inherited from my sister. I also discovered another Christmas UFO that is a small wall hanging. I quilted it with perle cotton and now need to head into my sewing room to find a binding and hanger for it. The Broncos just won, so we will be awaiting the Bronco vs. Patriot game next weekend where more Slow Stitching Sunday is sure to happen.

This is the 2014 BOM from joinedatthehip blog. I did their sampler last year and had fun making it entirely from my stash. I signed up for this one today, but I am not sure about colors. I would rather make it more scrappy and not just use large amounts of fabric as they suggest. I think I would like more modern colors instead of the country colors...Can some of you out there in blog land please give me some advice? Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. If you like scrappy . Go for it.
    Use them up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use up your scraps if that is your preference, sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many, many projects ready for handwork. I can work on whatever strikes my fancy at the time. I don't like to just sit and watch tv.
    For me, I like controlled scrappy quilts. I like to pick some colors that play together well and then pull everything that fits that and start cutting. Or make at least one fabric color consistent from block to block and then things that look good with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Karen's idea of controlled scrappy, pick some colours that mean modern for you and filter your scraps according to those colours. We don't have a TV, but when I stay with people who do I take my knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally go scrappy!! Choose a colour palette of 3-5 colours to tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool project... how about brights? Jewel tones? Primary colours?
    Hope you enjoyed your hand stitching.
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!