Sunday, October 9, 2016

October Embroidering

Happy Fall Y'All! I finished my Down in the Garden Block 1 this week, but forgot to take a picture--I will get a picture when I am back home. I came to Denver yesterday to hang out with my college roommate, Lauren, before attending a work conference this afternoon.

Every time I make it to the big city, I try to eat and do things we don't have or do in our small town. We went out for a seafood dinner last night and I had amazing raw oysters and calamari. So yummy! I took my first Uber and we joined some friends of hers for a drink at Elway's downtown and then went to a club. I have not danced like that in decades! So much fun and I am glad I drank water for most of the night.

Now, I am going to head up to Loveland for my conference. I am going to hit the mall and Trader Joes for some goodies. I will meet my colleagues in the late afternoon and then watch the debate while stitching on my Down in the Garden Block 2. I also have block 3 all prepped and ready to go--I guess I am being optimistic about my stitching! See everyone else's handwork here:

This week is a hectic one for work with Monday and Tuesday attending the conference, driving back 6+ hours on Tuesday night, we have parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday and Thursday--won't be home until after 8:00pm, but then we have a four day weekend. I hope to spend it all in my sewing room! Sounds like I am going to need a lot of caffeine!

8 comments:

  1. Tanya, that blocks is lovely already. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty bouqet of flowers to bring to life. What kind of thread do you use it has a nice shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Block two is looking great. Such pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love oysters and calamari!! You are making me hungry. Your stitching is going great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun time in Denver. I look forward to seeing your finished block 1. You are going to have a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time even though it is hectic. Your block progress is looking lovely. Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching on your block...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty block, Tanya. I remember the days of conferences and parent nights. Glad you are still able to make time for stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!